13 May 2012

Busy Bee!!

This has been a busy week!!!! Alex finished the semester last Friday, so we have been enjoying more freedom. First, Alex played with some sidewalk chalk. It was pretty impressive, I think!  Then, after a busy day of work, we headed down to the Thornbrue's for 2 days, then the Christensen's for 2 days.  It was nice to have a visit with our families.  As always, it was way too short, but 'real' life calls. 
Leah also had a busy week.
*Her first tooth broke through on Monday.
*She learned how to go from sitting to crawling position.
*She can crawl all the way across a room.
*Can no longer spend time on our bed unless we are there with her......she's way too fast at moving now!
*If she's sitting by the couch, she can pull herself up to standing.
*She reaches out to me when I put my arms out to pick her up.
*Discovered her tongue.  *Can also do raspberries. *Also makes noise when I wiggle my finger over her lips.  Too cute!
*She can FINALLY roll from back to tummy.  She did it twice yesterday.
*She sleeps about 9-5, then 5:30-8:30.  Pretty good!!!  :)
*Can quickly and almost accurately pick up bites of food and get them to her mouth and eat them!
All this new learning wears her out, though.  Here are a few funny ways that she sleeps!!!













Since today is Mother's Day, and Leah decided to be a grump all day long, I thought I'd post some happy pictures so that I can remember that she really is an angel sweetheart baby!!  I am so grateful that I get to be her mom.......even when she is a grumpy head.  At least she went to bed at 8:30 tonight.  :)
Happy playing with her toys.

Happy getting out of the bath.

Happy playing in half an inch of water.  It's how we improvise not having a yard or a pool.

Happy being a cowgirl.

Happy letting me take pictures in the cool hat.

Happy waking up from a nap and rocking on all fours.

Happy playing in cool whip.

Happy in the sink tub.

Happy with toys in the sink.

Happy with toys.  I can't resist looking at babies from the back.  So dog-gone cute!!

Happy figuring out how to crawl.

Happy from the back.  Again, I love that view!!

Happy with her new toy boxes.  One for soft toys, one for hard toys, and one for books!!

Because we are going to Disneyland (and the beach) at the end of the month, I had wanted to find a swimsuit for Leah.  All the ones I could find were either bikinis, Dora the Explorer, or $30+ dollars.  My sister let me have a hand-me-down for Leah to use, but with a hotel swimming pool, it's always nice to have one to wear and one to hang dry for a day....I still wanted to look.  Sure enough, I found some!!!  The cute blue one is 12 month size, and the pink one is 24 month for next year.  The swimsuit AND matching terry cloth cover was only $13.  Hence the reason I got 2.  It made me very happy!!  I can't wait to put her in them. 

Happy with her tongue!

Happy in Mommy's sunglasses!

"I think I'm cute!"

"Cute and stylish!!!"

Well, that's all for now!!  Happy Mother's Day to everyone.  Particularly my wonderful mom!!!!!  Thanks for being a great example to me and helping me as I am learning how to be a mom as well!  I sure appreciate all the phone calls and visits!!  I love you!

4 comments :

Vanessa@Lovin-Life said...

OH man she is so cute! its funny how she seems to sleep on her side in the pictures, Analiese does that and it cracks me up. Analiese was a grump for mother's day too. It seems to be a mother's day trend, cause I remember being horrible for my mom too on mother's day.

Angela said...

How did I not know that Alex was so artistic???

And YAY Leah!! Getting SO big and SO cute!

Happy Mother's day to you too!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Love the drawings Alex! That's fun. I also think Leah is too cute for words. I'd say more happy than a sad girl....even though we all have our days! I love you all.

Della Marie said...

That is some serious sidewalk chalk there! Way to go Alex! And Leah is adorable as ever!