Alex (light blue shorts, white shirt) decided to run the "Fun Run" in Moroni on the 4th of July. His nephew (black shorts, white shirt) convinced him that it would be fun. We must note that Alex has not been running for at least a year. Then all the sudden doing a 5k. Yikes!! He was/is pretty sore. But he still came in with a time of 25 minutes 12 seconds. I couldn't even do that if I was training for years. Good job, Alex!!! Maybe you can practice this year so that it won't be so miserable next time you participate in a race. :)

This is Alex and Randy. They stayed together for about the first half of the race. However, since Alex hasn't been training, on my count, Randy came in 18th and Alex 27th. Way to go!!!

Alex had a pretty steady stride. And at least was faster than that guy!! (A lot of people were running. Alex was definitely in the first 3rd that came in.)

28 weeks=6 months 1 week. I can't complain too much. If I stand too long my feet hurt, if I sit too long my back hurts, I frequently use the little girls room, I can't bend over very well without feeling squished, and it's hard to get comfortable at night. It's all part of the adventure, though, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Our window air conditioner has made a world of difference in the heat category, though. I can at least fall asleep at night.

29 weeks=6 1/2 months.....I actually look pregnant now, instead of 'thick' and/or 'fat'. People now notice and comment. Hooray!!! So, I've had a pretty easy, yet eventful pregnancy. For some reason I have high blood pressure. It has been consistent the entire time, but now that I'm in my third trimester it went up slightly. To monitor, in case of pre-eclampsia, I've had extra blood tests, a 24-hour urine sample, Dr's appointments every 2 weeks instead of every month, an extra ultrasound :), etc. Everything always comes back great. My kidney and liver functions are good, baby girl is measuring right on schedule and she looks fine.....I just have high blood pressure. Who knows why? My doctor put me on a medication to help control my blood pressure and it makes me super sleepy. I'm hoping my body will get used to it eventually so I can do more than eat and sleep.

At 28 weeks, my fingers got slightly too swollen to wear my wedding ring. Unless I wanted a red/purple finger I had to keep it off. Because I still wanted to feel married, Alex bought me a beautiful, new, glass-diamond ring in a much bigger size. It is good enough quality that it shouldn't turn me green, yet cheap enough that it wouldn't be sad if it got stuck and had to be cut off. :) WalMart is good for something!!

This is the crib/playpen we got. Mom bought me one for my birthday that was really cute and had a fun mobile, but since our apartment is so small, I opted to trade it out for a playpen with the raised changing table (so I won't have to change her on our bed!!). There is no way we would be able to fit a crib AND a changing table, unless they are one and the same. This is probably NOT where it will be located, because it kind of blocks off access to all the cupboards. However, this is how our apartment is set up right now and I wanted to see what the crib looked like before we stick it in storage for 2+ more months. We'll figure it out when the time gets closer. (In the 28 week picture, you can see the one mom bought for us if you enlarge the image).

Close-up view. It is a cute pastel-y tan color with some bugs and a leafy pattern on it. The bottom can also be raised (as pictured), so we won't have to bend all the way down to the floor to put her down. Also, the side compartments will be nice for diapers and supplies!

We are getting very excited for our little girl to join our family. From our ultrasound this morning, she is still a girl!!!!! And she is supposedly 2lbs 15oz. Not quite big enough to come out yet, but well on her way and right on target. She is moving around a lot more and sometimes has parties in my tummy. Alex had fun on Sunday morning just watching and feeling her move around for about 10 minutes. We have 2 shelves of pink things in our closet and can't wait for her to wear everything and to see her cute face (which she was hiding today). Can't wait to meet you, little princess! We love you so much already!!
3 comments :
Everything is so great, you look beautiful and the crib is fantastic.
I'm excited for her to come out, too! Come out and play with us, baby girl! But not quite yet. Oh, and great job, Alex, on the run! (I did a recent post, too, FYI)
My first ever 5k I did in 45 minutes, so I am incredibly impressed! Way to go. And KristEn, the belly is getting WAY cute!!
Post a Comment