31 August 2009

Verizon Wireless is asking for a lawsuit

I just called in to Verizon asking about a $125 security deposit that I paid on August 9, 2008. (The bank processed it Aug 11, 2008) Anyways I asked them why I haven't received it yet. The first lady I talked to was really nice and she told me some of the notes they had written about me on my account etc. She transferred me over to someone in the financial department and that lady was very rude and said that my security deposit was applied to paying the previous account owners balance. Hello... why am I paying the bill of someone else? I am going to call them up again when I am calmed down a little and don't have so much homework and make them send me a copy of the paper I signed saying that I was liable for their bill. I know they can't do it... because I know I didn't sign anything to that nature. The dumb people couldn't even tell me how much the previous person owed. I will get the money back!!!

9 Sep 2009
Update
I talked to a guy in a Verizon call center who was very nice and understanding today. He admitted that Verizon had surely been at error for what has happened. He totally understood that what happened wasn't right. He couldn't guarantee that I would get the money back exactly because it has to go through the Treasury dept. but yeah... he was on my side. If the treasury dept says no now, he will get the bank authorization number of the payment and try again. Hopefully they get it worked out right the first time and extra work isn't needed.

12 Sep 2009
Update
Okay so the guy from Verizon never called back within 48 hours so I decided to call Verizon again. This time I got some guy who was understanding but he had no idea how to help me so he forwarded me to someone in the Financial dept... so I got Laura. She was very kind to listen to me and try to understand what I was saying. It almost seemed like she had dealt with something similar before. She read the records well and she was fast... she saw exactly what happened... they applied my deposit as a payment in the previous account holders name. She talked to her supervisor and they said they would give my account the credit since it was their error. She said it could take him up to 48 hours to approve it but when it happens I should get a text and/or email. Hopefully it has worked this time. I'm glad I got someone smart.

15 Sep 2009
Update
Our account was finally credited for $125.00 today. That doesn't include the interest that I was promised but that's okay... we got it back!

11 comments :

The Smith Family said...

What a pain! Not like Verizon isn't making enough money by having the most expensive plans!!! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Smart boy to only talk to people when you are calm. Anger doesn't help anything. You stay calm and reasonable, and right will prevail (in the end, anyway.....!)
Love ya!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Have a WONDERFUL Labor Day Weekend!

Mishi said...

Yeah, I recently had some trouble with my bank and housing. I made sure I was on top of the situation and they fixed the problem. Keep on top of things. It is good to wait until you are calm-then they are more likely to be calm in their reply and the source of the problem can be addressed.

Lisa Thornbrue said...

How obnoxious -- keep on 'em!

Allie Thornbrue said...

I hate that kind of thing!

Michaelangelo said...

Grrr! What a pain. Don't let it ruin your birthday weekend!! Call Gephardt :)

Lori Thornbrue said...

Just read the 5 lowest paying majors: Elementary Ed was #3. The TOP paying major: Chemical Engineering.
Hardly makes sense, as you need fantastic elementary ed teachers to make a great chemical engineer!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Glad you reached someone with sense!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Great! Mom

Michaelangelo said...

Hooray!