Well, Alex and I have been pretty busy. I'll give you a little update. We gave talks in church a few weeks ago. It was the anniversary of Joseph Smith's death, so we (as ward missionaries) talked about the life of Joseph Smith and his missionary work. I have only ever given 3 talks in church. 2 as the youth speaker that were 3-5 minutes long. This time was a step up. A 7 minute talk. Wow.
Next, I am officially accepted to the Elementary Education program. The only problem is that I went to register for my classes yesterday and half of them were full. I don't understand how it is a limited acceptance program, and it's all full? Hmm. Hopefully my advisor can help me at my appointment on Monday. We'll see. Other good news.....I took the Math Placement test and scored high enough to get into the class I need. Yay!!
More news. Um, I have my last day at WalMart on Thursday, August 13th! Then Alex and I are going to take a trip to see both our families. I tell ya, work is enough to ruin everything. It gets in the way SO much more often than it should. Good grief. Oh well!! Almost done. Then I'll probably be complaining about how school gets in the way, but at least I like school.
Oh yeah, we also bought a new computer. Both of our laptops are on the verge of death, so we got a desktop to replace them. So far it's been having a hard time getting the internet. We will probably need to get a better (higher quality) internet card. It's nice, though!!
Lisa and Matt stopped in for lunch today. It was fun to see them. Almost everyone has seen my [our--unless she wants it all to herself-- edit by Alex] cute little apartment now. It's small, but it's home!
Well, I have to do some homework for my online class now. I need to finish it fast!
Love you all!
Kristen
5 comments :
Umm, YAY! Why did I not know that you had been accepted into the EE program? Congratulations! And hooray for not having to work after the 13th, but WHEN are you coming to visit? We'll be gone until late the 16th so it better be during the next week or I'm going to be sad. By the way, the dental hygiene program had that problem of having all the classes full too, your advisor should be able to help!
It was wonderful to see you, you both looked beautiful to me. I loved your dollar bill shirts. I love you both. I love your little apartment. Get home safe.
Congrats on everything. Especially being able to quit work. That is always such a relief. Love you guys. Wish we could see your little apartment.
Kristen, congratulations on getting in to your program. When I applied to mine, I had to wait almost two months after applying to find out. When the letter finally came, that was a happy happy day! Alex, I found some legos in a magazine and remembered our fun times playing with yours when we were little. Enjoy finishing up work, vacationing, and starting up school!
Love ya, Michelle
Glad you found Alex. It is scary when you don't know where they are...I can remember having dad dead, buried, and wondering how I was going to take care of all of you when finally he would arrive home, and I would be so happy, and he would wonder what the fuss was all about. He didn't know he was missing!
Post a Comment