10 June 2009

Fun and Stress!!!

So, a while ago I decided that I wanted to take care of something!! We got fish!! Their names were Georgio, Edwardo, and Josepe. Georgio was murdered by the others, so he died first. Then the other two followed a few days later because of a reaction to something in the bowl. We bought 3 more, cleaned the bowl, and had 5 snails to help keep it clean. They were called Bonk, Flipper, and Spaz. Spaz died the next day, so I got a replacement named Ida. By the time I got her out of the bag, Flipper and Bonk were dead. Ida died an hour later. We now have a bowl of water on our table and the 5 snails are still in there. They all sleep at different times, so we don't know how many of them are still alive. They appear to be doing well, though.
I think I am done with goldfish for a little while....it makes me sad to find one (or two, or three) dead. Someday I'll convince Alex that something bigger than fish can be fun, too!!
The other day I said, "We should go on a date!!! We should go see UP." So, I left my homework behind and we went to the movies. UP is the newest Disney/Pixar movie about an old man who attaches a million balloons to his house and flies his house to South America. I thought it was an extremely cute movie, but Alex thought it was kinda lame (but cute, but he can't really decide). They show the movie in 3-D, so we are sporting our fantastic glasses in the picture.

Ok, here comes the stress part. Some of you may remember last month when I was having massive and painful headaches all the time. Because of a couple of other symptoms we decided that maybe my birth control wasn't right for my body. I went to the doctors and he up-ed my prescription strenghth and the problems did go away. I have always been taking my pills regularly and have been pretty consistant in months past. This month, however, I have been really stressed with summer school, working 35 hours a week, getting Alex a better job, etc. The week of my period came along and nothing was happening. I have been told that once you start that particular week it can take a few days to get your body regulated differently enough to bleed. Wednesday came and went, then Thursday. Friday, Saturday, Sunday...nothing. Monday and Tuesday also came and went....no blood....ever. I completely skipped my period this month. We were getting pretty nervous, so, just to be on the safe side, we went to the Student Health and Wellness Clinic and got a pregnancy test. First the nurse tried my left arm, then she tried my right. No blood. (Ha ha. I'm just not bleeding anywhere!!!). Finally the doctor was able to get enough blood out of the back of my hand to do the test.
10 dollars and 15 minutes later we got the results........NEGATIVE!!! Hooray. We were so relieved. It is not the time or the situation in our lives that we could handle having kids yet. Alex was SO relieved (he said he hasn't slept in 5 days, can't eat right, doesn't like being social...he was just so worried and so nervous). It was funny. The nurse told us, "Congratulations!" which I thought was hilarious because it's not usually something to be excited about. But there we go. I'm not pregnant and I will be able to finish school like we planned. It must have just been the change in pills, the added stress of finals week in summer school, etc. (Alex did his research to see why one might miss a period....he found lots of answers but was still not completely convinced or calmed by any of it).
Well, that's all the news for today. I have 3 needle pokes, I'm exhausted, I'm cold, it's raining, and I have the day off, so I'm going to take a nap. (So will Alex, now that he can finally relax!!).
Love you all!
Kristen

12 comments :

Lori Thornbrue said...

That is stressful. Buy a kitty.
Love you tons,
Mom
PS So is it stressful to have water POURING into your basement, and to have your court date against your lawyer! Oh, the JOY!
Glad you get your nap time.
I love you. Enjoy the last TWO days of teenage hood.
Alex......don't stress, life has a way of taking care of itself. As long as you can wake up every morning and work hard all day long, and love the Lord (and your wife), life is OKAY!

Mishi said...

Hello Kristen and Alex! Fish...I got two fish back in April(Hyrum and Helga). One was more aggressive than the other and I think it warded the other away from the food. Hyrum (the less agressive one) died in May. I've decided not to get another fish. I'm afraid the aggressive one would cause the next fish to die. Petsmart can test the water for free if that's why yours are dying. Also make sure you set the water out for 3-7 days for the chlorine to go out and for it to reach room temp.
Sounds like you're relieved about not being pregnant. School can be so stressful. Keep working hard and have fun too. I love ya!

Kris and KC said...

I told you so. Sohm's for the win..that birthcontrol can wreak havock. We know because we've been through quite a bit of depression, switching drugs, getting sick and having pregnancy scares, and getting pregnant once unexpectedly. We're glad you went to your doctor for help. That was wise.
About the fish...it's your tank Gold fish put out 10 times more waste than other fish. That bowl is probably not even enough clean water for one fish. You need a bigger fish tank and an aerater and filter to handle all of the waste. Also, consider getting fish from somewhere else than Wal-mart if possible. (they have been known to die). I wouldn't give up on the fish, unless you get a cat. cats are more snuggly and (usually) drier than fish.

Kris and KC said...

Hey Alex, give me a ring ding or give me your phone number. I lost my cell phone and all the numbers with it. Thanks- kristen. P.S.-Don't worry so much, it's bad for your health and it's not worth your time.

Lloyd Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Lori Thornbrue said...

I saw Up today. I thought the talking dogs were dumb....they could have made them 'real' dogs and it would have been better, but I thought the rest of the movie was very sweet. A couple of places brought a tear to my eye. I liked the Pixar short at the beginning with the clouds and the storks. I liked the little black raincloud. And did you notice in the up and coming movies, they are making Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs? ......!

Stephanie said...

Hi, Kristen, this is Stephanie (Gerard) Niepraschk. I talked to G-ma J today and she said all you kids blogged, too. Do you mind if I add you to my list? Oh, and sorry about the fish :(

Lori Thornbrue said...

Kristen, Hope you survived your stressful evening and two days.......Whew! Life can be busy.
Alex, from the state of the 'world' I guess you can be very thankful you have a job at DI........!!!

Mishi said...

Oh and I ended up getting a kitten after the fish as you know. Kiss(hers truly) has been very therapeutic for me. It relieves stress to hold and pet her. Shes growing like crazy and is lots of fun. She keeps me company. I've been working a lot but will still be looking for housing where I can bring her and where my roommate is not allergic! My contract expires August 1st so I'll be looking seriously for housing pretty soon.

Stephanie said...

Yep, cousins. Of course the last time I saw you, you had a spacer in the top of your mouth :)

Stephanie said...

I think we were just visiting G-ma J. It sure was a long time ago.

Lloyd Family said...

Did you know that there is a birth control that olny gives you 4 periods per month. It is VERY easy to mess with hormones and skip a period.

No worries little lambie pie.