20 May 2009

Fate of the Neon


On Saturday (16th) the Dodge Neon got hit again! Same place! This time it was a hit and run kind of thing though while Kristen was at work. It supposedly happened around 4-5pm and the lady who hit it knew that she did because her window was down (as witnesses told) and she put on a "did I really hit it?" face and drove off quickly. Thankfully there were two witnesses there who saw it happen and they wrote little notes saying that they saw it and what truck did it. It is a minorish thing but the irky thing about it was that she knew and drove away. We filed it with the police and it is currently being investigated. If the lady would have put a note there and said she did it, it may have been okay with us... but it shows... and she drove off!

Oh yeah... just a side note... in my job searching yesterday I went to an antique store because the guy is a frequent DI customer and I thought I would check it out. He has some really old coins... oh how I wish my coin collection were larger. He has some Morgan dollars... ahh if they were only cheaper! There's a way to make me happy... find me an old U.S. coin! Hee hee Jk. Old coins are exciting though!

14 comments :

Lori Thornbrue said...

How much is a Morgan dollar? I like old coins, too! Sorry about the car......but I hope they NAB her!!! That is SO rotten!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Oh, I would also call the people that left the notes and say 'thanks' to them. That was awfully nice of them to leave you a note.

Alex said...

They range in value from $20 to thousands! We want them to nab her! We did call to thank the witnesses!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Hmmmmmmmm, don't think I'd be able to do thousands, but maybe $20!!! :)

Lori Thornbrue said...

Missing you today! Love, Mom

Lori Thornbrue said...

PS.....We need Sara and Allie to get computers back, don't ya think?

Lisa Thornbrue said...

Oh, sadness! Crunch, crunch--

Kris and KC said...

that's a small scratch, maybe the hit-and-run didn't even see it.

Lori Thornbrue said...

I miss you tonight........!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Now I miss you today........
I just made some really yummy peanut butter cookies, plus some home made 'ranch' bread. It is a new recipe, and is very tasty.

Michaelangelo said...

Oi what fun for you! Alex, at least you'll have something to keep you busy again for awhile. You're going to be a great auto restorer :) I should have you take a look at the coins Michael and I have. Fun stuff.

Lloyd Family said...

We and a few hay pennies. I think they are work $.02-.04 now. Pretty cool. Nice of the wittnesses to leave notes. Nothing worse than a hit and run.

Allie Thornbrue said...

Very cool that someone would leave a note--and in a Walmart parking lot taboot! Only in Utah, though.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Kristen, praying for you today. What a marathon!!! Just keep thinking.......a NAP Wednesday afternoon!!! Love you!