28 April 2009

Here I am!!!!

Well, I don't really have that much to say. I'm just bored....waiting for 25 minutes so I can go to work. Basically I finished folding (and putting away) laundry, doing the dishes, waiting for the dishwasher to finish its cycle, tidied up the front room, made the bed, etc. Actually, it was kinda fun. I sometimes wish that it was my full-time job. I know, I know, someday when I have kids and do stay at home all day I'll be wishing that I could get out, but right now that's all I want. I want to be home when my husband gets home from work and have dinner on the table ready for him. I want to spend time in the evenings reading stories with him, playing games, making cute remarks. I realize that when we were both home 24/7 that was a bit much, but now that we only get 7 hours with each other (that is used for sleep) it makes me want to cry. I miss being able to see him at all.
Working at WalMart has been interesting. It seems like everyone and their sister is pregnant. One of my coworkers is due today, someone found out they were pregnant yesterday, and everyone in the break room is always talking about their doctors appointments, how they feel, what it's like to be pregnant, what they are doing, waddling around, shopping for baby things, etc. Seeing and hearing all of these pregnant people makes me want these next years to go by so much faster than they will so I can join that group too. All well. I'm sure everyone is thinking that it'll go by fast enough.....but at the moment, I don't believe that!! Yes, I'm having baby wishes. I know it's not the right time for us....we both need to get through more school and establish ourselves a little bit....but I can still wish, right?
Well, the dishwasher just beeped. I think I'll go empty it and head off to the drama of work. (That will be a different post. I thought I was done with drama when I left high school, but WalMart is just as good. People are silly.) I'm glad I have a day off tomorrow. Sigh.
Later for now!
Love you all!
Me

11 comments :

Unknown said...

This is actually MOM, I am on Rex's computer at dad's office! People are VERY drama oriented. I know that it is lonely now....but do fun things like take lunch or whatever, as these days won't last forever. (Thankfully). At least he is not deployed off to war.....that would be HORRIBLE!!! I miss you today, too.
Hugs, kisses and all good things to you. Glad you get tomorrow off.
Mom

Lori Thornbrue said...

Nice to talk to both you and Alex tonight! Love you both!

Mishi said...

That's funny about the pregnancy topic. I feel sort of like that only about marriage. Hah!I need to get out more and enjoy single life! Don't worry I will when I move to Salt Lake.

Bree said...

Hang in there! Here's a hug all the way from lil' ol' Mt. Pleasant!!! *HUG* Miss you!

Michaelangelo said...

I bet Walmart is just crawling with drama. Just don't get caught up in it! And babies are great, but they definitely change your life, so I'm glad you and Alex are smart enough to know that it's gotta wait a bit.
Hang in there, hope you have a great day off! :)
Love always.

Lisa Thornbrue said...

Just saying "Hi!" Thanks for the fun post!

Lori Thornbrue said...

When I worked at Smith's I didn't ever go into the break room. Way too much drama for me. Plus people smoked in there.......

Lori Thornbrue said...

Well, this is mom and I'm missing you both today. Can't wait till Sunday to see you.

Lloyd Family said...

Thanks for the post! Fun to read about your life. Good job waiting for babies. They are exhausing!! but wonderful, too.

angel said...

Hello, Kristen!
I love you!

Kris and KC said...

PLEASE READ: having a baby will not allow you to play games, make cute remarks and read,much less have time for each other. Imagine your schedule right now and then take away the seven hours you get to see each other in your dreams. Then, you'll be so tired and frustrated with the other spouse that you have to call them on the phone to yell at them because you never see them.. Being apart is not sustainable..it just makes you hunger for change, baby or whatever, anything to escape. By the way, Dave says if you're taking Loestrin it might make you insane and you might want to reevaluate it. It's really important to find a way to spend more time together, we think. That is what helps our marriage and sanity the most.