25 June 2013

Nap time.............

...............or color time!!
Yes, those are permanent sharpie markers.

Yes, it's all over the wall, blanket, pants, feet, arms, sippy cup, and belly button.

Yes, there are 5 different colors on her foot (blue, purple, green, orange, and yellow).
Yes, all but one of the caps were still on the markers. (So at least she put them away nicely!)

Yes, she knows to color on paper because of the crayon incident a few weeks ago.

Yes, we made her scrub for a while. 

Yes, she will keep scrubbing a few different times to remind her that it was naughty.

Yes, when I walked out of the room for a minute, I hear Emry crying, so I go in to find Leah 'honking' her nose.

Yes, we put the markers way up high.
Yes, it was my fault for accidentally leaving them too low.
Yes, we will definitely be sticking her in her high chair to color with anything for a while.
Yes, we would love some input about what works to get permanent marker off of walls and skin.
Yes, I'm sad about having to clean it up!
Yes, we still love her.
Yes, I laughed.

3 comments :

Travis & Melissa said...

Alcohol pads or rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball will take it off the skin...not sure about the walls though! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you handled it perfectly.
How can you not love those big brown eyes and sweetest face? So cute. She is one that tries so hard to be obedient.

Marie said...

I don't love that your walls are covered with permanent marker but I do love this post. New paint time? Good luck. :)