03 May 2011

Easter fun!!

I decided to have Easter come a few hours early this year. Alex was at work on Saturday, so I took advantage of his absence to prepare the house for his return. (It wouldn't be so easy for me to get up before he does and do it Easter morning, so he got an early surprise). It started with a decorated door and instructions to follow the yarn that started around the doorknob.


The front room basically looked like this....look hard and you can see the yellow yarn wrapped around everything.





The bedroom/kitchen was next. :)









When Alex came home from work....SURPRISE!!! He was pretty worn out from working all day long, but I made him follow his yarn before doing anything else. (He couldn't take a shower until the yarn was removed anyways, since it went through the shower.)


Almost done. Keep winding. Every so often he would find a little York Peppermint Patty. My favorite was when the yarn went into the fridge, so he got a chilled patty!!





What did you find????










Be sure to look at all your goodies!!! The Easter Bunny sure loves you lots!!







Oh, WOW!! A kite, some body wash, Yahtzee hands down, the York patties (of course), a little cuddly moose friend for Alex and a turtle friend for Kristen. And the bottom was lined with mini cadbury eggs. Fun, fun!! P.S. The Yahtzee card game is pretty fun.


Easter was a beautifully warm day, we decided to celebrate by having our first barbecue of the year!!! Look how handsome that chef is!! Awe. He's a pro, because our chicken turned out perfectly delicious!!!


And, since I've had some requests, I finally got Alex to get a decent pregnant picture of me. This was at 19 weeks, and pretty well shows what I really look like, although some days and some outfits alter it slightly. Tomorrow I will be 20 weeks. Half way done already!! And one week after that (May 11th) we get to find out whether it's a boy or a girl. There are still a few days to vote.....so far the tally is 14 for boy and 4 for girl.

3 comments :

Lori Thornbrue said...

You are darling.......and I did the string thing for Von, Lisa and Dad. Dad didn't follow his string, I had to wind it for him.........How boring is that????? But, Easter surprises are fun, anyway.
Love you, and hopefully see you on Saturday. I have to go to Clinton on Saturday anyway......that is half way to Logan!

Michaelangelo said...

You make a very good Easter bunny! I'm still sad that our easter celebrations were ruined by being sick... ah well, the kids had some fun and there's always next year.

Cute pregnant belly-- though you hardly look like it!

Lisa Thornbrue said...

Fun! Your apartment looks as if a giant spider spun a web ... with all the Easter yarn! Great pregnant belly. I'm glad you're halfway done -- I get anxious to meet my new little relations! Happy Easter (and get over your bad cold quickly!)