Merilee suggested that we make pasta things for our dollhouse jars. I had actually already thought about that but wasn't quite sure how I was going to do that. I saw a YouTube video where someone used something that was like a see-through-ish clay but I have never seen such things they spoke of. I used real spaghetti noodles! I must say I'm amazed at the strength of them. They are strong noodles. I used the Dremel to grind/sand them down to 1/32" because they would look way too big if I didn't. So about 2 hours and 4 noodle sticks later, here's what I have:
I really didn't plan on making spaghetti anytime soon but I couldn't not take on the challenge!
Oh yeah, I also made them a clock (of course it really works)! My mom gave us one of her old watches and I cut the nubs for the band off. If you have any old watches you're thinking of throwing out... save them for us please! I plan on making a grandfather clock with a slightly smaller one if I can find one and others.
Also... I just thought I would throw this in for those who desire to see it. I made a flash video in high school and it is kinda silly. To see it click here. This wasn't my finished version because my name changed to a rainbow color and there were more action things, and another fish, etc. (It will keep replaying, so don't let it keep replaying until you're sick!)
8 comments :
Love it!!! So cute and fun!!!
Your video was fun, too~!
I think I am going to have to take some computer lessons to learn how to do all the things on my new computer. It is pretty amazing!
That's awesome! I love the noodles and the clock!!
Amazing jar of noodles and love the clock!! I will look through my jewelry box... I might have an old watch or two in there for you!
What a great idea I had!! I have a tiny little basket you may have and a watch that my grandmother gave to me. Im sure it is in need of a new battery, but it would be fun to see it put to use in another way. Ever since I was pregnant with Jarom, I have not been able to wear a watch-- they bug me.
Another challenge for you. Potted plants. Can't wait to see them done!!!
The potted plants are almost halfway there actually! We have little pots for them but the plant part is the slightly harder part... but yes it will be done!
You know what they say about "great minds!"
Post a Comment