21 February 2015

It's time to update on our dollhouse world!

For some reason I thought I was keeping better up to date than I have been about posting on our dollhouse makings.  I see that hasn't been so, so here are some updates:

A few years ago I made some nails from flat head sewing pins.  They are fairly easy to make and I think they turned out perfect.  I ground the head down slightly more so it was even flatter on top of each "nail" and then cut the pin to length and ground a tip on them.

If you look closely some of them even look rusty!  Pins come with an anti-rust coating on them so I had to grind that off, then I soaked them overnight in some vinegar/lemon-juice mix to get them rusty quick.  Overall they are pretty fun little things.

Kristen and I have also been working on building a realistic rock fireplace from river pebbles.  That has been a fun thing and we are still working on it.  Sometime we will get around to finishing it and post about it!

Last night I put together a little kitchen wire whisk.  It isn't the best looking but it looks fairly well for now until I feel like attempting to make another one:

Since we now have a little more room than we did in our apartment we have started building a dollhouse:


Oh yeah, I can't forget all the little screws (watch and glasses screws) we added to our collection too:




1 comment :

Unknown said...

Those are amazing. I love them. Fun stuff.