14 January 2013

Christmas/New Years/The New Year

This year we went to Alex's parents before Christmas, and then spent Christmas day with my parents.  We were sure spoiled.
Tradition:  Color and eat breakfast on the landing while waiting for everyone to get up and ready.  Then we all go downstairs together.  Leah woke up pretty early.  She must have been excited for Christmas!!!  I know I couldn't sleep.  I went to bed at midnight, saw the clock at 1:30. 2:45, 4:30, 6, and got up with Leah at 7:30.  Those are just the times I looked at the clock.  I guess I'll never grow out of the little kid stage of being excited for Christmas!!!

Leah got a great kitchen from Mommy and Daddy and all the great food from Grandma Lori.

This water bottle was in her stocking.  It was a hit.  She didn't want to put it down.  

Awesome little folding chair from Aunt Lisa.  It's just her size (and she sits in it A LOT).  And a football from Grandpa Steve.  All of the grandkids have football lessons from Grandpa!!

Back home!!  Leah LOVES reading books.  She'll grab one book, climb on the couch and read/lounge with it for 20 minutes.  So cute!!  I hope that never goes away!

Here I caught Leah putting her favorite Dolly in the oven........
And closing the door on her.  Silly baby.

Leah does this funny thing where she puts her hands over her  ears or puts her fingers in her ears.  Weird kid.

The puzzle we did New Years eve and new years day!!  750 pieces......all the green and flower pieces look the same.


I realized I hadn't taken any pregnancy pictures this time and figured, "Who cares?  I look  the same as I did last time."  Then I thought, "Oh no!!  What if this kid thinks she's adopted because there's no proof I was pregnant with her?"  So, here you have it!!  23 weeks.  And she has been moving around SO much.......last night she was keeping me awake because she was kicking so hard.  That never happened with Leah, so this is kind of exciting!!!  Alex also got kicked a few good times last night, too.  That was fun!
Alex wants everyone to know that he's 23 weeks along, too!!


Leah playing with our indoor snowball fight!!!  :)

"Where did it go?"----I still need to get one when she opens her mouth wide, too!

Kind of out of focus, but adorable.  Had to share!!

Playing with her Rapunzel doll (from the Rigby's), and I asked her what Pascal does (or what a lizard does....same thing, right?)

Well, that's the update for now.  Alex started the new semester last week and I already NEVER see him.  Good thing I have lots to do at home.  I'm hoping nesting kicks in early so I can deep clean my house, but so far I'm doing some sewing projects, playing toys with Leah, napping frequently, and enjoying every second of our silly kid.  Her personality is SO sweet and SO funny!
We ask Leah all the time, "Who loves you?"  Or "Who do you love?"----For the longest time it was ALWAYS "Mommy".  Alex was getting sad.  We couldn't get her to say "Daddy" for anything.  Well, finally she says daddy again and we'd ask her those questions each fighting for her to say our name.  She got so sick of it, if we ask her, "Who loves you?" she just says, "Oh!" while shaking her head.
I also love the "Where did it go?" or "Where's daddy?"----she sticks her arms up and opens her mouth wide like, "Where did they go?"  So cute!!  Or if something falls on the floor or I toss something across the room she looks at me with that gesture and face like, "Where did it go?  What did you do?"  So funny!
She still says, "Hi!" to everyone.  And when we're leaving she'll say "Bye".  I'm impressed with how well she knows the difference.
No new animal noises (except lizard).  She's starting to get confused with some of them.  Maybe we'll take a break for a while.
New words......Up, Cookie, Abbie (our neighbor girl upstairs), Happy, Oh (in a sweet 'oh I love you' kind of way)!!!
She'll give 'loves'.
Loves to play 'I see you!' and 'Hide and Seek' with Daddy.