01 November 2009

Halloween

Well here are the pictures that we have promised. We have sad stories to go with them all.



So these were our costumes for Halloween that I made. We were Lego's. Thanks to James and Allie for the idea... since they did it some years ago. It took many hours (somewhere around 12) to make them and was not easy. We think they were the coolest ever but apparently people at our ward party didn't because we didn't even rank in the top 5 of the best costumes. Anyways they can connect together forwards and backwards.



This was our 32 pound pumpkin that took quite a few hours to carve. It was so difficult to carve that we were tired of it after one hour but it took around 2 to complete.



This picture was taken at 5:25pm.



This picture was taken at 5:30pm... a few minutes after the incident. Almost self explanatory. I took the pictures of the apartment and watered the plants... while I was getting water for the last plant we heard a huge crash and looked to see that the whole stand the TV was on had collapsed. The saddest part wasn't that the stand broke but that it snapped the plant into two pieces. We stuck the other broken part in some water so it can grow some roots and become another beautiful plant... it was very sad though. I started to clean it all up and said wait we need to document this before we get too far. We put the nice 8x10 rug that we got into the bedroom... but didn't take a picture of that... sorry. So below is actually what our apartment looks like since we did a rearrangement of furniture:





It feels a lot more spacious and is really neat! We like how open it feels and looks. Now we just need the cool lamp that Kristen has in South Jordan to go between the two smaller flowery couches.

10 comments :

Michaelangelo said...

I would have voted for you legos :) Love the pumpkin! And how sad that your plant broke :( But your apartment looks very nice!

Lori Thornbrue said...

I LOVE your Lego's, and you both look darling. I also Love your apartment. And I am so sorry your table broke :(.......poor plant. But it looks like you managed to fix it up real nice.

Lloyd Family said...

Love the cute costume. Sorry about your plant. Funny that you got a pic of your room only moments before everything came crashing down. Really, what are the odds?

The Smith Family said...

I definitely think your lego's costume should have won...

Allie Thornbrue said...

Boy, those costumes took me back ten years! TEN YEARS?! We have pictures somewhere around here.

Aparment looks good. I look at pictures of previous aparments and think, "Wow, he had nothing." But we felt so rich.

Allie Thornbrue said...

That was a typo. "We" had nothing.

angel said...

I love the lego costumes and the jack-o-lantern! I would have voted for you, too.

Lori Thornbrue said...

By the way, nothing that is as cute as you two in Lego's is terribly sad! Just looking again, and you are both very cute.

Lisa Thornbrue said...

Your costumes are fantastic! Yay! Awww ... poor plant. Poor you for having to clean up. Sadness.

Della Marie said...

I would have voted you into the top five best costumes! That was creative!